21–23 March 2022
Energy & Sustainability Forum
Decarbonising the Downstream Industry
ESF Europe 2022 – IT’S A WRAP
A big thank you to all our sponsors, speakers and attendees who joined us in Berlin to drive forward the decarbonisation of the downstream industry.
Across three days of interactive panels and seminars, insightful presentations and a variety of networking formats, attendees of ESF Europe shared with optimism, case studies, perspectives and technologies of how the refining and petrochemical sectors are reinventing themselves through the creation of low carbon operating models and high-performing ecosystems.
ESF Europe presents the best opportunity for Europe’s downstream oil & gas industry to network and knowledge share in the context of decarbonisation and sustainability, showcasing the technologies and innovations to accelerate the energy transition.
ESF Europe 2023 will take place in Amsterdam from the 20-22 March. We look forward to revealing more details soon, in the meantime register your interest HERE.
50 Speakers &
Welcome to the 2nd Annual ESF 2022 – Energy & Sustainability Forum
Following the great success of the inaugural ESF held virtually in June 2021, Euro Petroleum Consultants is pleased to announce the Energy & Sustainability Forum 2022 will take place from 21-23 March in Berlin.
The transition is a pathway, not a moment in the story. As the transition accelerates, so does the complexity, challenging the industry to invent new technologies, new supply chains, new value chains and new markets, all with collaboration at the heart.
With no one single solution to achieve net zero, the industry must form a coherent approach to take advantage of all opportunities including hydrogen, liquid fuels, circular economy, and clean and reliable energy. Meeting climate change neutrality is a science and technology challenge, and as a science and engineering-based industry, the downstream industry is well equipped to do that.
Here’s some headlines of what you can expect across the three days:
- Building a World-Leading Low Carbon (Downstream) Business - Gabriel Szabó, EVP of Downstream, MOL, Umberto Carrara, Deputy of COO Energy Evolution, Eni , Jaime Martin Juez, Executive Director, Technology & Corporate Venturing, Repsol, Ahmed M. AlKhunaini, President & CEO, Aramco Europe, Niels A Anspach, VP Bio & Low Carbon, BP Europa SE, and Walmir Soller, O/P VP Europe & Asia, CEO Braskem Netherlands join our keynote producer panel to discuss pushing profitable decarbonisation to the limits
- Not one, but two pre-conference seminars hosted by Wood and Honeywell on the respective topics of ‘Delivering a Low-Carbon Future: How Will You Achieve Your Net-Zero Ambitions? ‘and ‘Getting to Net Zero Emissions: Innovations for Refining & Chemicals’
- Welcome drinks and networking reception sponsored Honeywell
- Continuing the conversation our technology CEOs and presidents Roeland Baan, President & CEO, Haldor Topsoe, Bryan Glover, President & CEO, Honeywell UOP , Jean Sentenac, President & CEO, Axens , James Ritchie, President, ExxonMobil Catalysts & Licensing, and Damon Hill, President - Growth & Development, Projects, Wood are back to discuss the acceleration of commercially competitive low and zero carbon technologies in our ‘Develop, Scale and Deploy’ panel
- Collaborate and Cluster – Nicolas Aimard, VP Process, TotalEnergies OneTech, Jon Barden, COO, Essar Oil UK, and Mike Wailes, Manager, MiRO JV and Director, European Strategy, Philips 66 discuss the conversion of traditional refineries into sustainable energy parks of the future
- UOP, Schneider Electric, ExxonMobil, Honeywell, Alfa Laval, BASF and Grace are amongst some of the leading technology providers presenting the latest high tech, low carbon technologies to tackle both the low hanging fruit, and deep decarbonisation inroads
ESF Europe represents the best opportunity for Europe’s downstream oil & gas industry to network and knowledge share in the context of decarbonisation and sustainability.
SPECIAL FEATURE: Pre-Conference Seminars
Monday, 21st March 2022, Berlin Marriott Hotel
Delivering a low-carbon future:
How will you achieve your Net-Zero ambitions?
Getting to Net Zero Emissions: Innovations for Refining & Chemicals
Complimentary registration open to all operators and producers
ESF Interview Series
Advisory Meeting Report Takeaways
Held on the 16th & 21st September 2021
ESF 2021 – 1st Energy & Sustainability Forum
31 May–2 June 2021, Virtual
ESF Virtual in numbers:
Testimonials for ESF 2021
This event is amazing, the presentations are at a high quality level. Sharing, networking is one of the best ways to improve your business and make strong relationships. TotalEnergies is transforming to provide clean, affordable and reliable energies for all, and we are proud to be part of ESF.
VP Manufacturing MEA & AP for Refining & Petrochemicals, TotalEnergies
The ESF 2021 has brought together all stakeholders in our downstream industry. Euro Petroleum Consultants professionally organized a very comprehensive agenda and platform on which there is a great open exchange of insights and new developments that help all industry stakeholders prepare better for a sustainable future.
President & CEO, Lummus Technology
EPC goes future. Driven by the circumstances this year, EPC has not made the event a good one but a real great one. Technically very well realised. Enabling all us of to share, listen, network and follow the discussions. Thanks to the EPC team and all people that made this event great.
Commercial Officer Refinery, Guvnor Group
On our way to the energy transition we need to exchange and collaborate. ESF is a new interesting information, exchange and discussion forum.
New Ventures Senior Representative, TotalEnergies
For an Online virtual event EPC have really nailed it. Alongside the expected high quality of the presenters and topics the online platform is a great way to virtually present the company and network.
Global Director, Decarbonisation & New Energies, Wood
It was a pleasure for me to speak at the inaugural Energy & Sustainability Forum 2021. The event was well-organised, and it was a great experience to share as part of the panel the knowledge and passion we have for hydrogen as a crucial fuel towards a decarbonised future.
CEO, ITM Power
Other ESF Events
Contact the Organisers
+44 (0) 20 7357 8394 email@example.com