Who we are:
- Euro Petroleum Consultants Limited - 44 Oxford Drive, Bermondsey Street, London SE1 2FB, United Kingdom
- Euro Petroleum Consultants DMCC - AU Gold Tower, Office 32-I, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, PO Box 625766, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Euro Petroleum Consultants Sofia EOOD - 16, Simeonovsko Shose Blvd, Vitosha District, 17, Sofia, Bulgaria
Personal data we collect and why:
We process your personal data for the following purposes in the course of our business operations.
We collect any information you provide to us when you complete a form on our website or provide us with your details over the phone, by email or fax. This information might include your name, job title, company address, email address, phone numbers, fax number.
Why is the information collected and how is it being used:
All the information being collected is to provide you with services or information that you have requested from us such as attendance at our events; or use of our consultancy services and to keep you updated about our other events and services that we believe may interest you.
In accordance with our legal requirements (GDPR 2016/DPA 2018) we process your personal data either because 1. we have a registered “Contract” with you for you to attend one of our events with associated Terms and Conditions or 2. You have provided “Consent” by actively ticking a consent tick box on this website or 3. We are sending you information relevant to your business and role, which is called “legitimate interest”. Of course you have rights related to your personal data which are outlined below.
Sharing of information:
Hotels and suppliers:
Information collected from you in relation to attending an event may be shared with third parties such as hotels, printers and any other suppliers or organisations that assist with the preparation and documentation of the event. In those cases, we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure these third parties process your data securely and in line with legal requirements (GDPR2016/DPA2018).
Event App providers:
Virtual platform providers:
We may share the following delegate lists for each event:
- General Delegate List – this list includes job title, company name and country only (no personal details). This list is used on the event website and during the event promotion.
- Event App Delegate List – this list includes name, job title, company name and is visible on the Event App (only accessible by the registered participants of that event). You can choose to add/remove details e.g. telephone number, email, linked-in profile, bio etc
- Sponsors and Exhibitors Delegate List – this list includes name, job title, company name, country and email only - this list is shared with the event sponsors and exhibitors (see further details below in sub-section ‘Sponsors and Exhibitors’) only if you have provided consent for your details to be shared (tick-box option at registration).
Sponsors and Exhibitors:
We will share your details with the sponsors and exhibitors, in a secure manner, for the sponsors to then contact you, if desired, within a reasonable time following the event. Sponsors will not be permitted to share your details onwards to any third parties. If you provide consent for us to share your details with sponsors in this way, you agree to be contacted by the sponsors within a reasonable time following the conclusion of the event. For any subsequent communication, the sponsor will be required to obtain your consent for that directly.
You can revoke your consent provided to us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The request will be processed and will apply from that date onwards for any data sharing with the sponsors.
During an Event, if you choose to share your business card/virtual business card with the event participants, you are providing consent to share your contact details with them and to be contacted by them.
We do not sell any of the information we collect nor share for promotion purposes with any third parties in the ordinary course of our business.
EPC Event Management Services only (for Third Party Client events):
Where EPC is providing event management services only to a Third Party Client for the Client’s own event which you are attending or have registered your interest for, your data may be shared as set out in this section ‘Sharing of information’ where applicable.
Sharing of others information:
You may only share the personal data of another person with us where you have their express permission.
Storing of information and your rights:
All personal data we process is stored by us on our servers situated inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
For certain events and projects your information may be processed outside of the EEA. In such circumstances, we will take all steps necessary to ensure that all of your information is protected and processed in accordance with legal requirements (GDPR2016/DPA2018).
Our retention period for your personal data depends on the purposes for which we process your personal data. We inspect the necessity of the personal data stored regularly and keep records of the inspections. We will retain your information for a maximum of 7 years unless you request to be removed from our data-set before that time. You can ask at any time to be removed from our database, to see what personal data we have about you or to have your details corrected by submitting a request by mail to: email@example.com .
In addition to the above, all our email communications contain an “unsubscribe” function which if used will tell us that you no longer wish to receive that particular communication. In accordance with industry best practice guidelines, we may retain your information (including your election to opt out) for a reasonable amount of time to make sure that we do not contact you in the future.
We may use automated means of processing to match attendees in accordance with their interests and expertise with suitable events, organizers and other attendees. Therefore, the processing enhances the user experience of the attendees. As our automated means of processing is an integral part of our service, the automated processing is carried out as a part our customer relationships with attendees.
Providing your personal data to us:
You confirm that the contact information you have given is for the purpose of business communications. If you have provided a non-business domain email address (such as, but not limited to, gmail, hotmail, etc.) you are doing so in the context of it being used for your business and not personal interactions with Euro Petroleum Consultants.
Your personal data protection rights:
You have the following rights with regards your personal data:
Right to inspect:
- The data subject has the right to inspect what, if any, data the controller has stored of her/him.
Right to rectify and erasure:
- The data subject has a right to request the controller to rectify or erase the personal data concerning the data subject on the grounds provided by law.
Right to restriction of processing:
- The data subject can request the controller to restrict the processing of the personal data concerning the data subject on the grounds provided by law.
Right to data portability:
- • The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning her/him, which he/she has provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where the processing is based on consent or a contract.
Right to object:
- W• Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning her/him for such marketing.
- Where personal data are processed on the basis of the legitimate interests of the controller, the data subject shall have the right to object the processing of personal data concerning her/him for such purposes in accordance with the law.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling:
- The data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
Right to withdraw consent:
- Where the legal basis for the processing of personal data is the consent of the data subject, the data subject shall have the right to withdraw her/his consent.
Contacts & complaints:
- • You can make all requests and inquiries related to your data and this Privacy Notice to our contact person at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any concerns regarding the handling of your data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. For more information on your rights and to raise a concern please see the Information Commissioner's Office website ico.org.uk.
Privacy policies updates:
This policy may be subject to change and we reserve the right to update when necessary. Updated privacy policies will be made available on our website. Last update on 16th June 2022.
Third parties content:
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
Here are some helpful definitions to help with your understanding of this document.
- Privacy Notice or Policy means a data protection document that has been drafted according to Articles 13 and 14 of the GDPR, and with which the controller may inform its data subjects of the ways their personal data is processed.
- Controller means the party that is in charge of the personal data processing activities.
- Data subject is a term for a human being in accordance with data protection laws.
- Personal data means any data concerning a data subject or data with which a data subject can be identified with.