20–22 June 2022
Energy & Sustainability Forum
Decarbonizing the Downstream Industry
Highlights from Houston
Check out the highlights video from the inaugural ESF North America which saw downstream leaders from the region gather to help drive forward decarbonization of the industry.
And what did we learn? With no silver bullet to achieve net zero, the industry must adopt an “all of the above” approach, and work together to take advantage of all opportunities. Look out for takeaways from the panel discussions an0d post show report coming soon.
A huge thank-you from the ESF team to all our speakers, sponsors and attendees who joined us in Houston for the inaugural ESF North America and helping to make it such a success.
Welcome to the ESF North America Energy & Sustainability Forum Houston
Leading industry experts will gather in Houston, Texas from 20th – 22nd June at the only conference dedicated to downstream decarbonization in refining and petrochemicals.
ESF North America, is the latest in a series of energy transition focused conferences to support the collaborations, discussions, and development of a sustainable energy future in which the oil and gas downstream industry continues to play a leading role.
As North American refiners and petrochemical producers position themselves for a low carbon transition, and with no silver bullet to achieve net zero, the industry must form a coherent approach to take advantage of all opportunities. The challenge to invent new technologies, new supply chains, new value chains and new markets has never been so complex.
Here’s some headlines of what you can expect across the three-day conference:
- Not one, but two pre-conference seminars hosted by Wood and Honeywell UOP
- Welcome drinks and networking reception sponsored by Honeywell UOP
- Our technology CEO Panel with Bryan Glover, President & CEO, Honeywell UOP, Jane Toogood, Sector Chief Executive, Efficient Natural Resources, Johnson Matthey , German Carmona, President Applied Intelligence, Wood and James Ritchie, President of Catalysts & Licensing, ExxonMobil will discuss ‘The Technological Innovations Driving the Net Zero Aspirations‘
- Pathways, Policies, and Putting Capital into Low Carbon – Heath DePriest, VP Emerging Energy, Phillips 66, Ed Graham, VP Ventures, ExxonMobil Low Carbon Solutions, Jen Jewson, VP, Strategic Materials & Sustainable Solutions, LyondellBasell, Grigor Bambekov, Senior Vice President, Business Transformation, Delek US and Jay McKenna, President & Chief Executive Officer, Nacero discuss how can the industry move forward and invest in net zero despite lacking cohesive legislative certainty
- The Rise of the Renewable Refiner - Jennifer Haley, President & CEO, Kern Oil & Refining Co, Eric Zimpfer, VP Cherry Point Refinery, BP , Nick Andrews, CEO, USA BioEnergy , Himal Munsif, Renewable Fuels Opportunity Shaping Mgr., Chevron and Gene Gebolys, CEO, World Energy join our Going Green panel.
Johnson Matthey, KBC, Sulzer Chemtech, AVEVA, Alfa Laval, BASF, BD Energy Systems, Emerson, ExxonMobil and Grace are amongst some of the leading technology providers presenting the latest high tech, low carbon technologies to tackle both the low hanging fruit, and deep decarbonisation inroads
SPECIAL FEATURE: Pre-Conference Seminars
Monday, 20th June, Westin Oaks Galleria Houston
Enabling a low-carbon economy in the US: How will you achieve your net-zero ambitions?
A Path towards Carbon Neutrality: The Future for Refining & Chemicals in North America
Agenda at a Glance
ESF Interview Series
Testimonials for ESF Europe 2021 & 2022
This event is amazing, the presentation are at high quality level. Sharing, networking is one of the best way to improve your business and make strong relationships. TotalEnergies is transforming to provide clean, affordable and reliable energies for all in the world, and proud to be part of ESF 2021.
VP Manufacturing MEA & AP for Refining & Petrochemicals, TotalEnergies
Our collective view was that it was a great event that was well organised and executed by your team. We really appreciated the efforts of the team to make sure that the 1-1 meetings went ahead to schedule. As a result, we made some new connections and started some hopefully valuable discussions. Must admit it was good to be back in a face-to-face environment!
Executive Vice President of Sales, KBC
EPC goes future. Driven by the circumstances this year, EPC has not made the event a good one but a real great one. Technically very well realised. Enabling all us of to share, listen, network and follow the discussions as we are used from the past. Thanks to EPC team and all people that made this event great.
Commercial Officer Refinery, Guvnor Group
We have really enjoyed the event. It was great to be at a physical event again especially as it was very well organized. The topics were all relevant to our industry and it was great to see so many participants engaged during the various panel sessions. We also appreciated the one-to-one meetings during the event.
President & CEO, Aramco Overseas
Well organised in person event that is critical to understanding how the European Downstream sector is responding to the challenges of sustainability and the energy transition.
VP Refining, Chemicals & Oil Markets, Commodities Research, WoodMac
I enjoyed being on the panel and you and your team did a great job arranging and facilitating. I look forward to see you all at future conferences and events.
Vice President, Aromatics, Catalysts and Licensing, ExxonMobil Product Solutions
Other ESF Events
Contact the Organisers
+44 (0) 20 7357 8394 firstname.lastname@example.org