Complimentary registration to seminars open to all operators and end-usersRegister Your Interest
Delivering a sustainable future for downstream industries in the Middle East
Monday, 4th March 2024, 08:30–11:30 GST
With competitive exports and the lowest carbon crude in the world, the Middle East is well placed in the race to net zero. But with all signs pointing to a need to accelerate the transition, how do we attain sustainability targets to support our combined global futures whilst maintaining a successful business model?
In this seminar, Wood’s experts discuss:
- How to diversify product portfolios to deliver on sustainability commitments
- Creating and delivering roadmaps for carbon reduction
- Taking designs from ambition to reality
Navigating the Energy Transition: Accelerating Progress in the Face of Urgency
Monday, 4th March 2024, 12:30–15:30 GST
As the energy landscape in MENA undergoes a transformative shift to align with global dynamics, the urgency to capitalize on the region's distinct capabilities for setting the benchmark in a successful global energy transition is mounting. The clock is ticking to ensure future economic resilience in a region heavily dependant on global energy markets. While the discussions on global net-zero targets unfolded on the COP28 stage, the focus now shifts to implementing this transition effectively. But where does one start? Honeywell UOP is at the forefront, actively assisting its customers in the region with a suite of readily available solutions tailored to support the sustainable energy market as well as the region’s pivot to petrochemicals:
- Scaling carbon capture for utilization in blue hydrogen and ammonia along with post combustion technology: Honeywell currently has more than 1,100 installations of H2 purification technologies around the world. Retrofitting existing hydrogen production assets with carbon capture technology is a ready-now, commercially proven and significant step towards carbon neutrality. We are working on the world’s largest blue hydrogen plant (Exxon Mobil Baytown), which is being designed to capture 98% of the CO2 produced for CCS. This plant will sequester seven million t/y of CO2.
- New Technology: Honeywell UOP Naphtha to Ethane/Propane is a potential game changer for liquids or crude to chemicals applications to enhance overall project economics as well as reducing the carbon footprint of the energy intensive steam cracking process for more sustainable petrochemical production.
- Accelerating Renewable Fuels commercialization: Honeywell's solutions cover wide range of feedstocks from eMethanol, Ethanol and Fats’, Oil’s and Greases to address the rapidly growing demand for renewable fuels such as SAF and eSAF. Honeywell's portfolio includes catalyst and technologies such as Ecofining™, Ethanol-to-Jet and UOP eFining™.
Join Honeywell UOP experts as they walk through the roadmap to achieving short term and long-term goals with a set of insights surrounding realistic opportunities, they are seeing for energy producers to help meet their net zero commitments.