31 March – 2 April 2020
Diplomat Radisson Blu, Bahrain
OPEX MENA 2020
Excellence in Safety & Operations
Conference & Exhibition featuring: The Gulf Safety Award
Thank you! Your enquiry has been sent. Our managers will contact you shortly.
Sorry, something went wrong. We have been already notified of this issue.
For organisations involved in highly complex operations including oil, gas, chemicals and aluminium, the goals of attaining a high level of operational excellence and reaching a target of zero accidents, have always been closely intertwined.
OPEX MENA was launched in 2013 and is a high-level and interactive annual forum that provides organisations in the MENA region with access to current thought leadership and advanced methodologies for improving performance through strategies related to operational excellence.
In 2020, we will take a close look at safety leadership and management culture, as well as the very latest strategies, systems, tools and digital innovations that are available to support organisations on their OE journey.
GULF SAFETY AWARD 2020
As part of the opening ceremony of OPEX MENA 2020, the fourth edition of the Gulf Safety Award will be presented. This prestigious award will celebrate the organisation who has found innovative ways of making lasting improvements to the safety and health of their workers, to the environment and to productivity.
By sharing examples and recognising their achievements, the Gulf Safety Award aims to drive change, promote best practice and demonstrate that achieving excellence in safety is a key milestone in any operational excellence strategy.
Companies interested in taking part in the award are requested to register their interest by 30 SEPTEMBER 2019 and submit their nominations via the Gulf Safety Award Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 FEBRUARY 2020. Applicants will be shortlisted to a maximum of five entrants (limited to one submission per organisation)
The Link between Safety Excellence and Operational Excellence:
- How safety culture, leadership and EHS initiatives drive Operational Excellence
- Establishing a unified operational risk strategy
- Management of Change to improve safety & uptime. Management of Organisational Change
- Employee empowerment and the importance of proper training
- Accomplishing Process Safety Excellence
- Performance management/Performance improvement
- Mergers and Acquisitions: How to navigate the merging of EHS cultures and achieve efficiencies
- Business Excellence: Customer satisfaction, employee engagement and improving the long term sustainability of your business
- Capacity Building: competency assurance
Harnessing Digital Innovation:
- Why Digital Transformation matters and the role that culture plays in establishing a successful Digital Transformation framework
- Disruptive Technologies: what is coming next?
- The Data Revolution: machine learning, predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, cost optimization, production stability
- Make better use of digital capabilities aimed at improving business processes
- Cybersecurity for process systems and data
Improve the Safety, Performance and Profitability of your Asset:
- Making reliability your business strategy
- Are best maintenance practices critical to success?
- The challenges of implementing Total Productive Maintenance
- How to drive predictive asset management
- Asset Integrity from a safety perspective
- Lower costs, reduce downtime, increase production and asset utilization, and drive efficiency with intelligent asset management (IAM)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
OPEX MENA is designed for C-Level and Senior Management in all disciplines from the oil, gas, petrochemicals and complex manufacturing sectors.
The event is also highly beneficial for manufacturing and technical personnel: Operational Excellence personnel, Operations Managers, Turnaround and Maintenance Managers, HSE Leaders and Department Heads, Production, Process and Reliability Engineers, Shift Supervisors and Operational Support Staff and indeed all personnel who drive Safety and Operational Excellence in their function.
OPEX MENA 2020 Advisory Committee
Call for Papers
If you would like to contribute to the OPEX MENA 2020 programme, kindly submit your abstract hereSubmit your abstracts
Please complete the online registration form to book your place at the event
Thank you for registration
We are pleased to confirm your delegate place.
You will shortly receive a confirmation message.
If you have not received this message after 24 hours, or if you have any queries, please contact us.
Sorry, something went wrong.
We have been already notified of this issue. Our managers will contact you shortly.
Great opportunity to set new trends and interact with professionals in the areas of refinery digitalization, big data analytics and risk management
OPEX MENA has developed a great wide spread knowledge & expertise on various topics with emphasis on OE. Quality speakers presented wisely their organization strategies with the focus on maximising efficiency, successful initiatives and optimising the benefit of digitalisation
Excellent event focused on Operational Excellence and perfect mix of topics. Great speakers from very reputable & globally recognised organizations presenting their view and OE journey so far and OE road map for years to come
Very good mixture of presentations from both suppliers and operating companies. Very good forum to find out the latest developments in this region
This is one of the most comprehensive conferences that I have attended, most of the things I have learned I will initiate upon my return to work
The conference is a great place to grow and learn about the other companies best practices.
Kingdom of Bahrain
An ancient land rich in culture and history, Bahrain - which name means "two seas" in Arabic - was one of the first states in the Gulf to discover oil and to build a refinery. Bahrain has one of the most diversified economies in the region, the result of a commitment to a sustainable future. Manama is the capital and largest city of Bahrain, with an approximate population of 157,000 people. Long an important trading center in the Persian Gulf, Manama is relaxed and cosmopolitan and is a favourite destination for visitors.